Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe starts with a chicken breast and "in short order" transforms into comfort food. Serve with cooked rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 whole chicken breast, halved
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- Mash garlic with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir together garlic paste, thyme, and 3 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Add chicken and marinate covered 15 minutes.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Heat oil & butter in heavy skillet and saute chicken, skin side down, until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken with tongs to a plate.
- Add flour to skillet and cook roux over moderately low heat, whisking, 3 minutes. Whisk in broth and remaining lemon juice in a stream. Whisk til smooth.
- Return chicken to skillet with any juices and simmer, covered, 15 minutes, or until springy to the touch and just cooked through.
- Stir in parsley and serve over rice.