Recipe by Manami
I could fill tomes with my recipes for Everything that is Chocolate! Here is yet another recipe for brownies. This came from The Bedford Inn Victorian Bed & Breakfast, Cape May, NJ. Remember, for brownies, completely cool unless the recipe specifies differently and this will help prevent the bars from crumbling.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves
Velvet Chocolate Glaze
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt 3 squares chocolate with butter or margarine over warm water; cool slightly.
- Blend together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; stir in chocolate mixture, then add flour.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Turn into well buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Spoon preserves over hot brownies; spread carefully.
- Let cool.
- Velvet Chocolate Glaze:.
- Melt 1 square chocolate, in microwave oven & be sure you have a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt on HIGH for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, do not scorch.
- Blend in butter or margarine and light corn syrup.
- Stir in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Spread the glaze over brownies.
- Serve and enjoy!