I could fill tomes with my recipes for Everything that is Chocolate! Here is yet another recipe for brownies. This came from The Bedford Inn Victorian Bed & Breakfast, Cape May, NJ. Remember, for brownies, completely cool unless the recipe specifies differently and this will help prevent the bars from crumbling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
Velvet Chocolate Glaze
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Melt 3 squares chocolate with butter or margarine over warm water; cool slightly.
- 4Blend together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt; stir in chocolate mixture, then add flour.
- 5Fold in walnuts.
- 6Turn into well buttered 8-inch square pan.
- 7Bake for about 40 minutes.
- 8Spoon preserves over hot brownies; spread carefully.
- 9Let cool.
- 10Velvet Chocolate Glaze:.
- 11Melt 1 square chocolate, in microwave oven & be sure you have a microwave-safe bowl.
- 12Melt on HIGH for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, do not scorch.
- 13Blend in butter or margarine and light corn syrup.
- 14Stir in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- 15Spread the glaze over brownies.
- 16Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Brownies & Velvet Chocolate Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.0
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.7 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 75.9 g
- Protein 9.4 g