1/2 Photos of Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
I made this for New Years Day Dinner...Great recipe, got it out of my Cuisine At Home magazine...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 slices bacon, thick sliced, diced
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Boil potatoes in salted water in large pot over high heat until tender, 12 minutes.
- 3Drain, return potatoes to the pot, and dry over medium heat for 1 minute.
- 4Turn off heat, add milk, sour cream, and butter; mash until smooth, cover, and set aside.
- 5Saute bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 6Drain on a paper-towel lined plate, then stir into mashed potatoes; season with salt.
- 7Assemble casserole, spreading half the potatoes in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 8Top with 1 cup of gouda, spread with remaining potatoes, then top with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake until golden, 30 minutes.
- 10Garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gouda Mashed Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.1
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: