Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve as a meatless main dish or a side dish. I believe this recipe originated for Land O Lakes.
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, DIVIDED
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter, melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons green onions and butter in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place remaining green onions, milk, cream cheese and Gorgonzola cheese in 12-inch nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted--about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Serve immediately.
I made this recipe and added bacon as another poster suggested and it made it great. I think it actually could use a little more sauce, so I would maybe suggest adding more cheese and milk to the recipe if making it again. Overall, it was good! Thanks for the great recipe.
Very good, I made this as a main dish, nice and creamy as a gorgonzola sauce should be. The breadcrumbs are indeed essential, they complete the dish. Its quick and easy to make, and made a lovely midweek supper for DH and I. Thank you Parsley! Made for Vegetarian Swap, October 2008
Absolutely loved this recipe. Nice flavor, not too overwhelming in flavor, but nicely rich and easy to make! I made it as a side dish, but may try it with some peas (DD's request) or asparagus mixed in with a meat like shrimp, chicken or bacon next time as a main dish. Delightful keeper. Thanks Pars!!