Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Using fresh gorgonzola made right here in Oregon! If you live elsewhere, use the best quality gorgonzola available. Panko crumbs can also be made at home. Thyme in original recipe was replaced with parsley. NOTE: I live in Oregon, hence the alternate spelling of the recipe name. ;)
- 16 ounces New York strip steaks
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- cracked black pepper
- french grey sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (best quality!)
- Combine the gorgonzola, panko crumbs, and fresh herb of choice in a bowl. Blend until mixture is crumbly.
- Season steak with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- GRILL or PAN SEAR meat until nearly done.
- Pack the cheese/crumb mixture onto the steaks and BROIL until brown and bubbly. Watch broiling process carefully!
- Immediately transfer to dinner plate and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
Delicious! I highly recommend this steak, especially for a special occasion. If I could I'd give it 10 stars as I prepared it. I used Southern Seasoning on the steak, then grilled them. (Southern seasoning has grey sea salt in it! My daughter calls it "gunpowder seasoning". ) Followed the recipe exactly after that. I had a bit too much cheese mixture, so I'd cut that a bit next time. Delicious! Made for Culinary Quest Summer 2014. Thanks for sharing!