Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These bars are soooo good! For a flakey textured crust prepare in a processor. Yield is only estimated.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml cold butter, no subsitutes (cut into small pieces)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 3 large eggs
- 177.44 ml light corn syrup
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml coarsley chopped walnuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- For the crust; in a processer mix the flour, sugar and salt until combined (about 4-5 seconds).
- Add in the butter and process until crumbly.
- Press into bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- For the filling; in a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour over the crust.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until set.
Sorry Kit - can't believe I forgot to rate these bars!! These bars, as you mentioned, are flakey, and they are sweet and delicious!! Will make again soon! Thanks Kit!