Recipe by - Momma Loon
Breakfast in a yummy cookie. My son doesn't like to fuss with breakfast in the morning but all kids like cookies..nothing makes mornings happier than offering kids milk & cookies for breakfast. They'll think Mommy has flipped her wig!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 4 cups other like cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and egg until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, oats and baking soda, beating until combined.
- Stir in the raisins and the breakfast cereal (the mixture will be stiff and hard to stir; just mix until everything sticks together fairly well).
- Now comes the fun part.
- Working with about 1/3 cup (75 mL) at a time, roll dough by hand into 2 inches (5 cm) diameter balls, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make sure you pat the dough balls firmly so that they stick together, and leave at least 2 inches (5 cm) of space between them on the cookie sheet (they will expand).
- Lightly press down to flatten each ball to about 1 inches (2 cm) thickness.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.