Kit Katchen's Note:
This is so easy to prepare and super filling. It's great for when you're short on time and I love making it around the holidays for easy morning breakfasts. Of course you can leave out the green peppers and onions if you don't like them. To speed up cooling of the meat, onion, & green peppers you can place them in the fridge while preparing the egg mix. When I'm in a hurry I skip the onion & pepper and it's still great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook & drain bacon. Set aside to cool.
- 2If using the onion and pepper: Drizzle some oil or put a dab of butter in a skillet & saute the onion & pepper until softened. Set aside to cool.
- 3Tear bread into small pieces & place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the milk & the desired amount of salt & pepper. Mix until combined.
- 5Pour the egg mix over the bread.
- 6Break apart bacon with hands into bite sized pieces or smaller. Sprinkle cheese & crumbled bacon evenly across the top.
- 7Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- 8Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your oven). It's done when the center is puffed up.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Morning Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.8
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 259.6 mg
- Sodium 911.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 24.0 g