Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so easy to prepare and super filling. It's great for when you're short on time and I love making it around the holidays for easy morning breakfasts. Of course you can leave out the green peppers and onions if you don't like them. To speed up cooling of the meat, onion, & green peppers you can place them in the fridge while preparing the egg mix. When I'm in a hurry I skip the onion & pepper and it's still great!
- Cook & drain bacon. Set aside to cool.
- If using the onion and pepper: Drizzle some oil or put a dab of butter in a skillet & saute the onion & pepper until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Tear bread into small pieces & place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the milk & the desired amount of salt & pepper. Mix until combined.
- Pour the egg mix over the bread.
- Break apart bacon with hands into bite sized pieces or smaller. Sprinkle cheese & crumbled bacon evenly across the top.
- Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your oven). It's done when the center is puffed up.
Good casserole. Gdstuart- did you actually read the recipe?!? Step #8 clearly instructs you to bake the casserole.
Looks like a great recipe, but you might consider baking it. I think the raw, slimy eggs absorbed into the bread would taste pretty disgusting.
Seriously, do you guys have any editors on the staff?