1/2 Photos of Good Luck Soup in a Jar
1 hr 20 mins
How pretty is this? Give as a gift, share comfort food or give to someone going on a camping trip!!!! Starting the New Year with Herbs and Grains! This brings much luck and never to go hungry and always wanting to share with those in need or want. I make 12 pint jars and give for Christmas gifts. Oh So So so perrrfect for the cold weather to come......................
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried split yellow peas or 1/2 cup dried split green peas
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules or 1/3 cup chicken bouillon granules or 1/3 cup vegetable bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 pinch saffron (but really good) (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, diced very fine
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked (I used Lundberg wild rice blend consisting of Long grain brown rice, sweet brown rice, wild rice bit)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup alphabet pasta
Good Luck Soup ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS
- 1In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the bouillon, to the Bay leaves. Tap jar so ingredients settles. Wrap the pasta in a baggie, and place in the jar. Seal tightly.
- 2Attach a label to the jar with the following instructions:.
- 3TO PREPARE SOUP: Remove pasta from top of jar, and set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, brown beef and drain excess fat add garlic to brown slightly. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and soup mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until the pasta, peas, lentils and barley are tender.
- 4Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 5Live, Love, & Laugh!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Luck Soup in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
dehydrated mixed vegetables