1/1 Photo of Good-for-you Spicy Chicken
Hey Jude's Note:
I found this one in the Daily Herald and was happy to find a recipe where I didn't have to reduce the sodium myself, it's already done here. It's still tasty, you won't miss the sodium! This is great over rotini pasta with a salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 dash hot pepper sauce (or more)
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar or 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet; add the onions and cook, stirring now and then for a few minutes.
- 2Add the chicken chunks; raise the heat to medium-high, cook the chicken, stirring frequently.
- 3Add the cumin, paprika, cloves and cayenne pepper, stirring, then add the green pepper, ginger and garlic; stir well.
- 4When chicken is cooked through, add the stewed tomatoes and their juice, the tomato sauce, vinegar and brown sugar; stir well, bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- 5Serve at once over hot, cooked pasta, if desired (also good over rice).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good-for-you Spicy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes