Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The whole wheat flour and rolled oats in this recipe make you feel good about serving them to your family. And, they're so yummy, your kids wont know the difference! (Makes great waffles too.)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground up rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put oats in a blender to grind into a nice flour.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat egg in separate bowl until nice & fluffy.
- Whisk in egg, milk, oil, vanilla & honey, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened, batter will be slightly lumpy. Add more milk if you want thinner pancakes or add more flour for thicker ones.
- Cook immediately on a hot griddle, turning once.