Recipe by evelyn/athens
Eating pancakes is usually not about eating healthily, but these pancakes are high-fibre and still taste delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded bran cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk or 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl; add remaining ingredients and whisk until mixture is blended but small lumps remain; stir in 1 cup apple sauce.
- Preheat oven to 250F; melt ½ tblsp butter in large skillet over medium-low heat; pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet.
- Cook pancakes until bottoms are golden-brown and bubbles form on top, about 2 minutes; turn pancakes over; cook until bottoms are golden-brown, about 2 minutes; transfer to baking sheet as they are done to keep warm.
- Repeat, using more butter as necessary.