Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Japanese Spinach salad with sesame dressing. Note if you are making this vegetarian do not use the bonito flakes. They are fish. modified from a recipe in recipesecrets.com Posted by Tdorst
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 tablespoons white sesame
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (or up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon dried shaved bonito flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and blanch the spinach. To do this drop into boiling water and remove immediately.
- Rinse in very cold water. Drain well. You may want to gently squeeze out excess.
- Heat a skillet very hot. Add the seeds and toat a couple minutes until brown. Then put them in a blender or spice grinder and grind.
- Add the remaining ingredients to blender and process into thin paste. Then add to spinach and stir well.
- Note If using add the bonito flakes to the top as garnish right before serving.
- 2-4 [we are big Spinach eaters -- servings depend on how you serve it.].