Recipe by Laudee
This tasty recipe is being posted per a request on the boards. I got it from a fund raiser cookbook put out by the ladies who live in our retirement park. It's very easy to prepare...Takes no time at all...They go nicely on Christmas trays, or, for that fact, any time of year! Yield and prep. times are guesses on my part. I've included freeze time, approx. an hour or so, and prep. time to mix ingredients, 15 min., together. Times may differ for you depending on how quick your freezer will set up the "Golf Balls"...so you can dip them in the chocolate and paraffin mixture. Don't know whether you want to call these candy or cookies...They're made with peanut butter and Rice Krispies, and become a sweet little treat no matter what you call them.
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients together.
- Form into balls and freeze.
- Melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax together.
- Dip balls in chocolate mixture while balls are still frozen.
- You can also use 1 lb.
- of white almond bark, melted, with food coloring of your choice, ie.
- ,red, green, blue, etc.
- ,instead of the chocolate, adding as many drops as desired.
- Or, for vanilla affect, use 1 lb.
- of white almond bark, without food coloring.