Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs fresh cod fish fillets (or any firm, white fish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning for fish or 1⁄2 teaspoon seafood
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or 4 tablespoons parsley
- 2 cups finely crumbled cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9" X 13" baking pan with vegetable spray.
- Rinse the fish fillets and place them in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice, cayenne and Old Bay Seasoning.
- In a heavy skillet, saute the garlic in the oil for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cornbread crumbs and continue to cook, stirring frequently until the crumbs are golden and crisp.
- Stir in the cilantro or parsley.
- Spoon the seasoned crumbs evenly over the fish.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, until the fish is tender and the topping is crisp.