Recipe by Abby C
These sound odd, but they have a surprisingly great taste!
Top Review by LoriLou
Yikes, going thru my cookie list from last year, I see I've forgotten to review this recipe. My apologies for that, but not for these delicious little cookies. They were easy to make and really very tasty. The recipe did not sound the least bit "odd" to me, but intriguing and I am so glad to have tried them. I am making them again and they are in my permanent cookbook! My only change was to add more sesame seeds too.
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake sesame seeds in preheated 350° oven on ungreased cookie sheet until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter or margarine until smooth.
- Beat in peanut butter and egg.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, the salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Add to creamed mixture mixing until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten criss-cross fashion with a floured fork.
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.