Recipe by Rita~
This Heart Healthy recipe of roasted seasoned salmon is served bedded on Spicy Lentils (South Africa). Healthy and Good fats! Salmon is low in calories and saturated fat, yet high in protein, and a health-promoting fat, the omega-3 essential fatty acids. Lentils contribute to heart health lies not just in their fiber, but in the significant amounts of folate and magnesium these little orange wonders supply.
Top Review by Loves2Cook!
This recipe is great! My whole family loved it--even the kids. I only used a pinch of cayenne, as my daughter is not fond of spicy hot food. My husband asked me to double the onions and garlic next time. I didn't have time to make the lentils, but will next time.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 453.59 g salmon fillet
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml cayenne powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 473.18-946.36 ml cooked lentils (Spicy Lentils (South Africa))
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°; Line shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick pan spray.
- Toss onions and garlic together and season with salt and pepper; place on foil. Roast for 5 minutes and then toss.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, paprika, turmeric, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Place salmon fillets on onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake salmon 10-12 minutes in preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Lay slamon on a serving dish of lentils and top with the onions.