1/1 Photo of Golden Pineapple Chutney
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is taken from "New World Kitchen" by Norman Van Aken. If you are going to try at least one chutney recipe, I strongly suggest that this be the one, this chutney is wonderful and will keep covered in the refrigerator for about 6 weeks, trust me it won't last a week lol! I purchase my allspice berries in a bulk spice store. This is so good served with chicken or pork!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 473.18 ml fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 firm pear, peeled and diced
- 1 small papaya, diced
- 14.79 ml allspice (can use a bit less)
- 59.14 ml fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 14.79 ml caribbean hot sauce (can use more to taste, I used Lousianna hot sauce)
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 44.37 ml allspice berries
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar (or use white wine vinegar)
- 1In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the allspice berries and vinegar (allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile toast the berries in a small saucepan until they just begin to smoke.
- 3Add in the vinegar; bring to a simmer; reduce to about 1/4 cup.
- 4Strain and discard the berries.
- 5Combine the reduced vinegar with the fruit mixture in a large heavy saucepan; simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 20-30 minutes, until the liquid is almost syrupy.
- 6Refrigerate until cold.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Pineapple Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1694 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: