Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Onion lovers unite!!! This is a very good side dish for BBQ. I found this recipe in a magazine over ten years ago, I think while waiting at the Vet's. Vidalias are best, but I just use spanish, red's, or any combination thereof.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Butter casserole dish (shallow one).
- Melt butter in large skillet and add onions.
- Cook until tender and translucent.
- Stir often.
- Transfer onions to prepared dish.
- Combine milk, soup, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over onions.
- Sprinkle cut cheese over top.
- Brown bread slices (one side only) in skillet.
- Add butter as needed.
- Placed on top of casserole with browned side up.
- Bake until bread browns even more.
- About 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.