Bayou Andy's Note:
Onion lovers unite!!! This is a very good side dish for BBQ. I found this recipe in a magazine over ten years ago, I think while waiting at the Vet's. Vidalias are best, but I just use spanish, red's, or any combination thereof.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- 2Butter casserole dish (shallow one).
- 3Melt butter in large skillet and add onions.
- 4Cook until tender and translucent.
- 5Stir often.
- 6Transfer onions to prepared dish.
- 7Combine milk, soup, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 8Pour over onions.
- 9Sprinkle cut cheese over top.
- 10Brown bread slices (one side only) in skillet.
- 11Add butter as needed.
- 12Placed on top of casserole with browned side up.
- 13Bake until bread browns even more.
- 14About 30 minutes.
- 15Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Onion Bake
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g