Recipe by Gingerbee
I laughed at the Golden Girls when they faced their conundrum, over a cheesecake and this is the cheesecake to end all cheesecakes, not to mention conundrums! Simple to make and really to die for.. Thanks to a cousin and his part-time job in a local deli, this secret recipe, sold by the slice, is truly worth its weight in gold. So, thank you David, and everyone enjoy!
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs (crushed)
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter (, 1 stick)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter (, cooled)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, add the melted butter to the gram cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Mix well until the butter is absorbed throughout.
- Press into a spring pan completely covering the bottom and the sides with mixture; set aside in cool place.
- Cake: In a blender or food processor add the above ingredients in order.
- Pour mixture into spring pan and place in a pan of water (1/2 way up the sides).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 for one hour.
- Shut oven off and open oven door.
- Let the cake cool for another hour in the oven.
- Can be made a day or two in advance and left in refrigerator.
- For serving, it tastes best at room temperature.