1/1 Photo of Golden Fried Tofu Bites
Fast, easy and tasty. Goes well with Thai curry. The only tofu that my BF (serious carnivore) will eat! Prep time is mainly the time that the tofu is draining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the tofu.
- 2Place tofu on a plate, cover with two large heavy plates and let drain for 30 minutes.
- 3Dry the tofu and cut into small bite-sized cubes.
- 4(3/4 inch or less).
- 5In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch and seasoning salt.
- 6Carefully dredge the tofu bites in the seasoned flour mixture, making sure they are well-coated.
- 7Fry, half at a time, in peanut oil at medium-high heat for about five minutes or until golden and crispy.
- 8Repeat with other half of the tofu.
- 9Best eaten piping hot as soon as they are cooked.
- 10May be eaten plain, dipped into liquid honey, or they go very well with red Thai curry.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Fried Tofu Bites
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.6
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: