Recipe by Chris Reynolds
I found this recipe in a TOH flyer. The addition of cardamon to the recipe is what intrigued me. I just finished making this, and it was not as good as I thought it would be. I agree with the reviewer; it's no more than a 3-star recipe. There are so many excellent recipes on 'Zaar, that I doubt I will make this recipe again.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 slices day-old French bread (3/4-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, peel, eggs, and cardamom. Beat well.
- Melt butter in a 13x9x2" pan in the oven.
- Dip the bread on both sides in the egg mixture, place in a single layer in the pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with maple syrup.