Recipe by MightyStickFigure
Just what the name says. Scones are like a sweeter, slightly harder version of biscuits.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in cheese. Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Knead dough 10 to 12 times on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll or pat to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut dough with a 3-inch round cutter; place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.