Wonderful rice and chicken, pistachios add a nice touch.Garnish plate with crisp romaine lettuce, topped with chopped tomatoes and black olives, sprinkled with salt and pepper and splashed with a little balsamic vinegar.
- 9.85 ml oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml uncooked long-grain white rice
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 4.92 ml curry powder (or as much as you like)
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 1.23 ml salt
- 411.06 g can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml shelled pistachio nut (or slivered almonds, toasted)
- Heat oil in a large no stick frypan over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken strips and onion, cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Mix well.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Just before serving, sprinkle nuts over top.