Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful rice and chicken, pistachios add a nice touch.Garnish plate with crisp romaine lettuce, topped with chopped tomatoes and black olives, sprinkled with salt and pepper and splashed with a little balsamic vinegar.
- 9.85 ml oil
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml uncooked long-grain white rice
- 118.29 ml shredded carrot
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 4.92 ml curry powder (or as much as you like)
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 1.23 ml salt
- 411.06 g can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml shelled pistachio nut (or slivered almonds, toasted)
- Heat oil in a large no stick frypan over medium high heat until hot.
- Add chicken strips and onion, cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and onion is tender, stirring often.
- Add all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Mix well.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Just before serving, sprinkle nuts over top.
This was a very good, quick, & easy recipe. I enjoyed the carrots and the raisins in the curried rice and the chicken came out very tender and moist. I found the directions to be clear and accurate. Next time I will saute the rice and the spices briefly with the browned chicken & onions before adding the liquids to enhance the flavors of the spices a bit more (and add a bit more of all seasonings).Thanks - we enjoyed this very much.
I made this for dinner and the children loved it. Infact my one daughter who is really picky loved it so much she had seconds. She was really sad that I put nut in it because she could not take it to school for lunch.