Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ethnic food- Polish cabbage rolls
- 1 head cabbage (green)
- 1⁄2 loaf white bread
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 (26 ounce) jartraditional spaghetti sauce
- 2 green peppers
- 2 small sweet onions
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 14 ounces whole tomatoes
- blanche in large pot green cabbage. Preheat oven to 350.
- Take a large bowl and mix ground beef with 1tbl of salt and 2 pinches of pepper- set aside. Take medium bowl and "tear" pieces of white bread in bowl. Add milk to bowl carefully soaking each piece of white bread, then add white bread to ground beef mixture-set aside.
- Take roasting pan, fill with 1/2 jar of Ragu sauce- set aside. Cut up in slices green peppers and onions- set aside.
- Take cabbage- making sure it is al dente- place a icecream scoop full of ground beef-bread mixture and roll up- carefully tucking in sides of cabbage. Place carefully in the prepared roaster pan- tuck sides down.
- Once done with cabbage rolls, add the peppers and onions in the pan- then cover with remaining sauce- add the can of tomatoes to the pan. Mix gently with a wooden spoon.
- Cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours on 350, spooning sauce over cabbage rolls every 20 minute
- Serve hot with salt and pepper. Any unused cabbage can be frozen---also- can use white rice instead of white bread/milk mixture.