Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
I got a photocopy of a recipe from some magazine, I don't know the name of the magazine, but this sounds super good, I will make it soon. Refrigeration time included in cooking time.
- 1 cup double brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons chocolate liqueur
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces godiva praline hazelnut biscuits (2 boxes)
- 16 ounces godiva petite mousse biscuits, crushed (4 boxes)
- milk chocolate cocoa, as needed for dusting
- 8 -10 godiva dark chocolate heart biscuits, 1 per serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the brewed coffee and 2 tbsp of the liqueur in a bowl and set aside.
- Set a double boiler.
- Beat yolks. Add the sugar and salt to the yolks and beat continuosly over your double boiler until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. When ready, the mixture should be thick and lemon-colored. Remove from heat.
- Add the extra chocolate liqueur and beat into the egg mixture.
- Add the mascarpone and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream to medium peak. Mix about 1/3 of the cream to the egg-mascarpone mixture, to lighten it. Then mix in the rest, folding lightly until no white steaks remain. Reserve.
- Dip each of the Godiva Hazelnut Praline biscuits into the coffee-liqueur mixture for a moment. Place the biscuits in a serving dish ( a 9" x 13" ), repeat this process until you have a single layer of biscuits as your base.
- Cover with a layer of the mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle the crushed Godiva Petite Mousse biscuits evenly across the mascarpone layer. Repeat the last 2 steps until you reach the top of the dish, finishing with a mascarpone layer. Dust the cocoa over the Tiramisu, cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Garnish with a Godiva Dark Truffle heart biscuit and serve.