Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great for a halloween dessert. Disgustingly colored they are a real kid pleaser.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup hersheys chocolate chips
- 1 (515 g) vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, salt, orange peel and food color in a small mixer bowl, beat until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, set aside
- Cupcakes: make as directed on package.
- Fill 24 paper muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese filling onto each cupcake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake portion, comes out clean.