Easy Halloween Worm Cupcakes
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 cups any flavor cookie crumbs
- 1 (18 ounce) can chocolate icing
- 1 (16 ounce) bag gummy worms
- Preheat oven according to cake mix package directions.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup cupcake pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake as directed on cake mix box.
- Let cupcakes cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Spread cupcakes lightly with chocolate icing. Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top.
- Cut gummy worms in half (as many as you like).
- Put icing onto cut end of the worms and stick to the top of cupcakes.
- You can use as few or as many as will fit on each cupcake.
- Let icing set for 10 minutes and then enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The title says it all! This is a great and fast way to whip up Halloween treats! I usually like to make everything from scratch but today I was low on time and these turned out wonderful! My husband was so impressed and said the "dirt" tasted great! Thanks so much for the easy fix!I promise I will be making these again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the US and have two sons ages 20 and 25. My youngest son is with the US Army Sniper Patrol and is currently stationed in IRAQ. I became a "Meme" for the first time this summer (2006) when both my daughter-in-laws gave birth within 3 weeks of each other. I was gifted with two beautiful grandsons named Aden and Shae.