Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use instant polenta for this (I can hear our Italian members sobbing at the back) The cheese really packs the flavour into it.
- Place water and wine in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the salt and butter and once the butter is melted add the polenta in a steady stream. Whisk until cooked (for most brands, 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the goats cheese.
- In a fry pan heat 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Split the spinach into 2 batches and fry in 1 tbsp oil for each batch. Fry until just wilted.
- Serve the polenta topped with the spinach and mushrooms and sprinkled with the cheddar.
Delicious! With a few changes I could see this being one of my favorite recipes. As much as I love wine, the flavor was too strong; I used a sherry so maybe that's why, but next time I'll use a smaller amount, or just water or broth. I followed the package instructions to use 1 1/3 cups polenta for the four cups liquid. I used double the amount of spinach because it really shrinks! A delicious, filling vegetarian meal!