Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Use instant polenta for this (I can hear our Italian members sobbing at the back) The cheese really packs the flavour into it.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Delicious! With a few changes I could see this being one of my favorite recipes. As much as I love wine, the flavor was too strong; I used a sherry so maybe that's why, but next time I'll use a smaller amount, or just water or broth. I followed the package instructions to use 1 1/3 cups polenta for the four cups liquid. I used double the amount of spinach because it really shrinks! A delicious, filling vegetarian meal!
- 450 ml dry white wine
- 450 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 85 g butter, cut into cubes
- 175 g instant polenta
- 175 g firm goat cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 225 g trimmed mixed mushrooms
- 300 g Baby Spinach
- 50 g vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water and wine in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the salt and butter and once the butter is melted add the polenta in a steady stream. Whisk until cooked (for most brands, 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the goats cheese.
- In a fry pan heat 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Split the spinach into 2 batches and fry in 1 tbsp oil for each batch. Fry until just wilted.
- Serve the polenta topped with the spinach and mushrooms and sprinkled with the cheddar.