Creamy Vegan Polenta With Mushrooms
photo by WKernan
- Ready In:
- 1 cup yellow corn grits or 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon pompeian robust extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, add grits and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Alternatively, cook according to package directions.
- 2.To the grits, add non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and turmeric. Stir; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3.Warm a greased medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and slightly browned. Add Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, until vinegar has thickened.
- 4.Add white beans and spinach; cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until spinach is wilted.
- 5.Serve bean and mushroom mixture over polenta. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Sales Manger Like to cook healthy foods with fresh ingredients.