Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This is from master cook.
Top Review by Granny Moses
No pine nuts in my cabinet but these were terrific despite having to leave them out. The flavors blended together so well. I served them as part of a Sunday brunch and guess I should have made more. They turned out to be the star of the meal! We will have them again soon. Easy to make (just remember to keep those phyllo sheets moist)and look beautiful on a platter. Thanks, Shirl, for submitting this wonderful recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, stemmed, -chopped
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, -thawed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, -melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and.
- saute 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add spinach and saute until.
- wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain spinach mixture, press to release all the liquid. Transfer to bowl,cool completely.
- Add goat cheese, pine nuts, parmesan, rosemary and lemon peel. Season to.
- taste with salt and pepper. Place 1 phyllo sheet down. Cut.
- lengthwise into 3 strips. Brush with butter. Place 1 rounded tbsp filling.
- at 1 end of dough strip. Starting at 1 corner,fold pastry over filling,.
- form a triangle. Repeat, folding up length of pastry. Brush.
- with butter. Repeat with remaining pastry,butter and filling. Transfer.
- to baking sheet. Cover and chill. Preheat oven to 375°F Bake.
- till golden, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.