Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This is from master cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, stemmed, -chopped
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 frozen phyllo pastry sheets, -thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, -melted
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and.
- 2saute 5 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add spinach and saute until.
- 3wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain spinach mixture, press to release all the liquid. Transfer to bowl,cool completely.
- 4Add goat cheese, pine nuts, parmesan, rosemary and lemon peel. Season to.
- 5taste with salt and pepper. Place 1 phyllo sheet down. Cut.
- 6lengthwise into 3 strips. Brush with butter. Place 1 rounded tbsp filling.
- 7at 1 end of dough strip. Starting at 1 corner,fold pastry over filling,.
- 8form a triangle. Repeat, folding up length of pastry. Brush.
- 9with butter. Repeat with remaining pastry,butter and filling. Transfer.
- 10to baking sheet. Cover and chill. Preheat oven to 375°F Bake.
- 11till golden, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese and Spinach Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 113.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g