1/1 Photo of Goat Cheese and Spinach Salad With Warm Vinaigrette
1 hr 10 mins
Here's a very simple spinach salad with a dressing that's got just a bit of a zing to it. We love goat cheese and find that it goes well with spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Several hours before serving, remove the Bucheron from the refrigerator (it should be very cold); pull off the skin that encircles the cheese.
- 2With a sharp knife, cut the Bucheron into 6 thin slices and place on a large plate.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until ready to assemble the salad. (If the edges crumble a bit, don't worry--put the crumbled cheese aside with the slices.).
- 4Wash the spinach in a sink filled with cold water, pulling the stems off the leaves.
- 5Drain in a colander and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- 6Tear the leaves into pieces and set aside in a salad bowl.
- 7Combine the shallot, mustard, basil, sugar, salt, pepper to taste, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl and reserve.
- 8When ready to serve, toss the spinach with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette--enough to barely coat the leaves.
- 9Arrange the spinach on 6 salad plates and arrange a slice of cheese on top of each bed of spinach.
- 10In a small saucepan, warm the remaining vinaigrette over moderate heat.
- 11As it comes just to a simmer, drizzle it in equal portions over the cheese and spinach.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese and Spinach Salad With Warm Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.1
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: