This is the way we love to eat Sliders AKA "Mini Burgers." Flavorful beef is combined with goat cheese and red onion on a Hawaiian roll to make a meal that is making my mouth water as I'm typing this. We serve these with homemade Savory Sweet Potato Fries (no sugary stuff, thank you very much--all savory!) Hope you enjoy these as much as we do. **You can change the amount of seasoning for the beef and fries based on your family's tastes. We are not much for measuring our ingredients!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the beef
- 453.59 g ground beef (we use the 7%, but use whatever you like)
- 14.79 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
For the construction of the sliders
- sliced red onion
- softened goat cheese, any flavor works (we love the plain)
- yellow mustard
- 12 hawaiian rolls (don't substitute with regular buns, the sweetness of the rolls adds to the flavor)
Savory Sweet Potato Fries
- 1Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees for the fries, and the BBQ (or however you are planning on cooking the burgers).
- 2For the fries: place the sweet potato matchsticks on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. (you can cut the fries differently, they'll just cook longer) Drizzle the olive oil over the fries, and add all the spices. Pretty much, add the amount of spice your family will like. I usually shake each bottle a few times. Use your hands to mix everything up, and make sure the fries are evenly coated. End with an even layer spread out on the foil for even cooking. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until soft (sweet potatoes don't get crispy like regular fries. If you go longer than 20 minutes, keep an eye on them, as they will burn easily).
- 3For the burgers:.
- 4combine all burger ingredients into a medium size bowl, and mix well. Shape into small balls that will fit on each Hawaiian roll (12). Cook/BBQ to your preferred doneness.
- 5For the construction:.
- 6Slice each roll in half. Place a small amount of yellow mustard on the bottom half, layer the meat on next, followed by small slices of the red onion. Spread the goat cheese on the top half, and place on the burger.
- 7**of course, you can use any kind of cheese, mustard/condiments you want to make these. This is the combo my husband and I really like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese and Red Onion Sliders With Savory Sweet Potato Fries
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 134.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning