1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes from my vegetarian friend liv. It;s very heathly and tastes better than it sounds
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon organic unbleached cane sugar, maple sugar or 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 cup hemp flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Place the warm water and teaspoon of sugar into a small bowl (a 4-cup liquid measure works well). Make sure the water is the right temperature. If the water is too cold the yeast will not become active and if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast. Add the yeast and stir. Proof the yeast by allowing it to stand for 5 to 10 minutes. It should become foamy and/or bubbly, if not start over with fresh yeast and water.
- 2Add the oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well with a fork or wire whisk.
- 3In a large bowl, add the brown rice flour, teff flour, hemp flour, potato starch or tapioca flour, arrowroot powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, and baking soda. Combine the flours with a wire whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk them together as you are pouring to avoid lumps. Continue to stir with a large spoon for another 60 seconds or so, or until the batter thickens and becomes smooth.
- 4Spoon dough into prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to shape into a loaf form. Place pan in a very warm spot. Let rise for about 45 to 60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Bake for about 60 minutes. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove and place onto a wire rack to cool. Tip: to get a crustier loaf, turn up your oven to 425 degrees for the last 10 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Vegan Hemp Bread
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 694.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: