Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thick, chewy, and slightly crispy, these exotic-ly flavoured cookies are a delightful treat.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Tropical Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats (gluten-free)
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt-covered raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried mango
- Whisk first 4 ingredients together; set aside.
- Combine wet (next 5) ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- Increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until no flour is visible.
- Now add remaining ingredients; stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 11-13 minutes in a preheated 350* oven, until golden but still moist.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
These were absolutely delicious. we made them on a whim tonight and they were great.