Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the gluten free sponge cake I use to make in place of any "normal" sponge cake.
Make and share this Gluten Free Sponge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, gluten free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Divide eggs.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Cream egg yolks, water, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine rice flour, corn starch and baking powder.
- Sift flour mix into creamed egg yolks.
- Fold in stiff egg whites.
- Grease a 9 or 10 inch spring form.
- Pour batter into spring form.
- Bake at 390° F for about 15 minutes.
Great recipe! Tastes like the "real" thing. I was afraid that the time was too short, so I added an extra 3 minutes without opening the door. Next time, I will add 4 minutes as it shriveled! And I used a square dish as I lack a springform.