Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
These soft little icebox cookies are SO cute, with a scrumptious sugar cookie and chocolate flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cream first amount of butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to butter mixture and mix into a ball.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- To one portion, add cocoa and remaining butter; mix well.
- Roll out each portion between sheets of waxed paper to 1/8" thick.
- Make them the same size in a rectangular shape.
- Remov top papers and invert white layer over chocolate.
- Remove top paper and roll, removing top paper as you roll.
- Wrap and chill overnight.
- To bake, slice thinly and place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 375* oven for about 5 minutes.