1/4 Photos of Gluten-Free Naan / Roti (Indian Flat Bread) - Version #1
What's Cooking?'s Note:
I haven't tried this but it looks promising. This recipe is adapted from the original which was created by Arvinder Malhotra and published on Celiac.com. When I try it, I will probably post a new version with adjustments (and convert it into American measurement units).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix tepid milk with 1 teaspoon sugar and the yeast, then sit bowl in warm place for 4-5 minutes.
- 2Sift the flours, Xanthan gum, salt, baking powder into a bowl or food mixer. Add remaining sugar, oil, yogurt, egg and mix until smooth.
- 3Preheat oven to the highest setting. Make dough into 6 equal sized balls. Roll out balls into a tear shape that is ¼ inch thick (use rice flour if necessary to prevent sticking).
- 4Preheat a heavy baking tray in oven. Remove tray and put the naan on it. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until the naan puffs up and turns light brown. Place tray under the broiler 30 seconds to 1 minute for extra browning.
- 5Brush with ghee or olive oil before serving.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Naan / Roti (Indian Flat Bread) - Version #1
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.7 mg
- Sodium 228.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder