Recipe by lisann09
This is one of my favorite recipes before I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I originally got this recipe from the Yankton Benediticines' cookbook. Those nuns know how to cook.
- 2 egg whites (room temp.)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat egg whites and salt until stiff, slowly adding sugar; add vanilla. Gently fold in nuts and chips. if they look like they don't have enough "dough" in between the nuts and chips then you've made it right. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet Place into oven and immediately turn oven off. Leave cookies in oven all night, without opening oven door. i usually like to make these cookies after a day of baking. it's nice not to have to worry about taking that last batch of cookies out of the oven.
- Note: don't use stoneware. they just kind of melt all over and don't really stay in the nice poofs that they should.