From Connie Sarros WF/GF Dessert Cookbook. Submitted for a request and for use in other recipes that I am posting. Connie is a cooking whiz from my old stomping grounds in Ohio.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*MungBean Flour is available at oriental grocery stores and is a wonderful addition to the light-textured dessert recipes.
- 2*ChickPea Flour is also"light".
- 3**Xanthangum is a white powder that is sold in pouches at health food stores.
- 4It helps to bind the pastry and keep it from crumbling.
- 5**Ifxanthan gum is unavailable to you, you may substitute it with double the amount of unflavored gelatin.
- 6(1 tsp xanthan gum= 2 tsp unflavored gelatin) Mix all.
- 7Gluten-free flours contain no preservatives--keep refrigerated or frozen.
- 8Additional baking tips: You may use buttermilk in place of milk for a lighter texture.
- 9Bake gluten-free products longer and at a lower temperature than conventional recipes.
- 10You may want to substitute the liquid called for in a conventional wheat recipe.
- 11Adding carbonated drinks tend to make baked products lighter.
- 12Fruit juices add flavor and quality.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Flour Mixture (Number One)
Serving Size: 1 (610 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.5
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: