Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My poor friends and their gluten free diets. Fortunately, my friend Carlyn devised a perfect recipe for delicious, chewy, not hockey-puck cookies.
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup natural organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- preheat oven to 350.
- microwave flax seed and water for 30 seconds until you get gel like consistency (this is your egg).
- mix balance of ingredients together.
- drop teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake for 9-10 minutes.
I made these back in October and just now realized I didn't review them! I remember that they were easy to make and absolutely delicious! They are a bit fragile, so handle them carefully, but they are moist and have a wonderful combination of flavors.
I just made these cookies, but i used a real egg instead of the flaxseed (i didn't have any) and removed the water. They turned out pretty well, mine weren't crumbly even hot out of the oven, they were fast to make so if you have a gf friend you could make them at short notice cause they arn't fiddly. THANKYOU
Just made these last night!!! WONDERFUL!! Haven't had such a treat since becoming a strict gluten free vegan! I flattened them out on the baking sheet to ensure thorough cooking and because I like the way a flatter cookie looks! For me the recipe yielded 9 2in. cookies.