No flour yummy cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and prepare the quinoa according to directions using the water measurements above.
- 2Once the quinoa is done, turn off the heat and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 10 minutes.
- 3Fluff with a fork and allow the quinoa to cool. (Do not rush this.).
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 5Lightly grease the bottom and sides of two 1-dozen non-stick cupcake pans (no flour) or use cupcake wrappers.
- 6Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in a blender or food processor.
- 7Add 2 cups of cooled, cooked quinoa and blend until smooth.
- 8Add the olive oil and melted butter and blend to incorporate.
- 9In the meantime, mix together the sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixer bowl.
- 10Add the contents of the blender and mix well.
- 11Scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop into the cupcake pans.
- 12Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until the cupcakes bounce back when lightly pressed.
- 13Remove from the oven; cool completely in the pan before serving.
- 14Frost if desired. (These are delicious without frosting as well.).
- 15Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- 16Makes 24 cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g