Recipe by JanaBird
From Ocean Spray 1998. Modified to be gluten free.
Top Review by bakedapple42
This is a very good quick bread. It held together well for a gluten-free baked good, not too crumbly. The only suggestion I have is to use all orange juice and leave out the lemon juice, as I felt that the lemon overpowered the other flavors. Other then that, it was a great recipe, thanks for sharing! Posted for 2013 Spring Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup juice (one orange and one meyers lemon and add water to equal 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, well beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cranberries, nuts and orange peel and set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add juice, egg and peel and mix until moist.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Loaf Pan: grease and flour. Baker 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cupcakes: makes 16. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- I do not wrap due to the gluten free flour, best if kept at room temperature.