Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It’s beach season and I had a hankering for some sea food! These crabby patties are delicious and easy to make! They would be great for burgers, or served as the entrée. Kids will love these if you tell them they are just like Mr. Krab’s from Spongebob! You could even let them help make them (let them tear up the bread for the crumbs, or smash crackers in a zipper bag!)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can salmon, deboned
- 2 (5 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free Bisquick baking mix or 1⁄4 cup other gluten-free baking mix
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs or 3 tablespoons gluten-free crackers, crumbs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce or 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients accept butter/coconut oil in a medium sized mixing bowl. You can use any kind of gf bread crumbs, I toasted some rolls I had made and frozen earlier and broke them up for this recipe, but store bread or even crushed gluten free crackers are fine too!).
- Put butter or oil (I recommend coconut oil for this because it is very high temperature, so it won’t give the food that yucky burned flavor when it gets really hot.) into a frying pan, enough to cover the bottom of the pan and be about an eighth of an inch thick. Heat on med high.
- When the pan is hot, add the crabby patties, I usually make them as I add them, as they are prone to fall apart if handled too much.
- Let them cook on one side for about 2 min, or until they are golden brown, and then flip. They should stay together very well if they are cooked enough on one side.
- You can top these with ketchup or whatever you’d like; I topped my crabby patties with easy microwave hollandaise sauce:.
- ½ cup of butter, softened.
- 3 egg yolks.
- 1 tbs lemon juice.
- 2 tbs sour cream.
- Italian herbs to taste.
- Soften the butter in a microwave safe bowl large enough to mix inches in a separate bowl, mix the yolks and the lemon juice. Add the egg mixture to the butter and microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat the 15 seconds in the microwave and stirring until your sauce is thick and fluffy. Add sour cream and herbs, mix and serve!