Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Here's a gluten free Cinnamon Bun Muffin recipe. I hope you all enjoy it during the holidays. Stay tuned for my Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting recipe later this week! http://www.elanaspantry.com/cinnamon-bun-muffins/
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Topping.
- 1. To make cinnamon topping, combine agave, cinnamon and oil in a small bowl.
- 2. Set mixture aside.
- Muffin Mixture.
- 1. Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- 2. In a large bowl blend together oil, agave, eggs and vanilla.
- 3. Blend dry ingredients into wet and scoop a scant ¼ cup at a time into lined muffin cups.
- 4. Spoon topping onto muffins.
- 5. Bake muffins for 8-12 minutes at 350°.
- 6. Cool muffins for 2 hours then frost with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting (stay tuned for this recipe later this week!).
Yum. And yum again. The nutty taste of the almond flour and the cinnamon. I could not stop eating them! We ate them as is-no frosting. Delicious.
elana has done it again! these muffins are just perfect. i subbed yacon syrup for the agave, and used olive oil because that's all i had. i used the yacon because i am following a candida diet - i haven't had anything this delicious in months! the muffins taste incredible! really like having a delicious indulgent cinnamon bun without all the detrimental ingredients. will definitely be making again.