Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is an adaptation of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I sometimes bake these in the morning for breakfast leaving out the garlic . They're great for sausage biscuits - something I thought I would never eat again!
- 2 1⁄4 cups pamela's baking and pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Add the beaten egg and the milk.
- Drop onto an ungreased baking sheet - about a 1/4 cup for each biscuit (I use an ice cream scoop).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
Great biscuits. Made for I Went to Market.
These are extremely nice considering they are gluten-free! They have a lovely cheesy taste and are really good for spreading with cream-cheese or some other spread. They are way crumblier and dryer than ordinary biscuits, but compared to other gluten-free baked goods, they are great! Seriously better than anything I could get in the stores here and much less expensive. I only used 1/2 cup milk, so that I could pat down and cut out my biscuits. That worked really well and I ended up with 8 big ones. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, LARavenscroft! Made as a big thankyou for my PAC mommy!
I selected this recipe for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14. Was most eager to try it! Made it exactly as posted. Quick and easy to make. They were lovely to look at. Wonderful smell. The texture was perfect. Alas the taste was not good! But, I am determined to try again. I will add more garlic powder and double the cheese. I so wanted this to be what I was so very eager to have in my gluten-free collection of recipes.