Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A gluten free twist on zucchini bread. I eat this for breakfast with low sugar maple syrup.
- 1 squash, peeled & chopped
- 1 zucchini, peeled & chopped
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- combine fruit & veggies with water in medium pan.
- cook on medium heat until softened then cool.
- in bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- mix in cooled fruit & vegetable mixture.
- pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Taste-wise, this is pretty good. I'm not quite sure if maybe my squash and zucchini were too big, but I had a hard time to get the loafs done. Also I might use a blend of flours, not rice flour only. Despite the xanthan, the loafs were difficult to slice and the slices were impossible to butter. But I really like the idea of this and will make it again. Thanks for sharing!
Made for My Three Chefs.