Recipe by Carole Whitmore
My dad just loved to experiment in the kitchen. This was one of his recipes that we all went nuts over and he didn't end up destroying the kitchen. It is absoultely wonderful over steaks or baked potatoes. Don't be afraid of the anchovies. My 10 year old son love this. P.S. He doesn't know about the anchovies. It sounds terrible but I can promise you that it is absoultely wonderful. My dad came up with this recipe
Top Review by Julesong
Oh, yum!! This was SO very good! I know people might avoid it because of the anchovies, but don't! Make it tonight, and just keep the ingredients a secret. I used sherry and added green onions.
- 1 vidalia onion
- 3 -4 cloves garlic
- 1 -2 can anchovies or 1 package anchovy paste
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 -3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brandy or 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 lb mushroom (Your choice)
- 3 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in large saute pan.
- Saute onion until clear add garlic and brandy cook 2-3 minutes.
- Put in bowl and set aside.
- DO NOT RINSE OUT SAUTE PAN.
- Over medium heat in same saute pan add cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add anchovies and worcheshire sauce.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add onion garlic mixture back to pan.
- Turn off heat.
- Serve over Steak or Baked potatoes.